I really try to stay calm. (I know there is ample evidence to the contrary. I am nothing if not self-aware.)
I had an incredibly productive day yesterday and had a lot of nervous energy this morning. Now I’m trying not to bite at the air like an angry puppy. So to divert vehemence from what is really bothering me, here is a list of things that can crank me up:
- Jennifer Lawrence. Why, dear God why, are we allowing her to get away with poor behavior. She is turning rudeness into cute, when she is really just a mean girl.
- Actor Boy is in Farmington. This is a real life pearls before swine situation; if Hell is a giant farmyard
- In spite of having no discernible talent, the Kardashians are still a thing.
- We still have Justin Bieber, but no more David Bowie
- ISIS is blowing things up all over the place so why do we care what was in Hilary’s email?
- Donald Trump
- Teachers who don’t want to teach and abuse their power and position and tenure.
- The fact that there is so much weird crap going on in the world that I sat here with my mouth hanging open in disbelief as I scanned news articles.
I’m going to go read a book with my cat on my lap